Welcome to episode 194 of The PE Umbrella podcast, the ONLY dedicated Primary PE Podcast in the world!
Joining me Under the Umbrella this week is senior lecturer and Primary PE subject lead at St Mary’s University Julie Pearson. With a myriad of experiences as a sports player, teacher and now lecturer, this was an incredible episode packed full of tips, advice and suggestions to consider. As somebody who has a direct influence over they way in which future primary teachers will see and deliver Physical Education, it was a great pleasure to finally get to speak with her and chat about all things PE. We touched upon all of the show regular questions plus so much more!
Some of our talking points include:
– What currently excites you in the PE world?
– What is your ideal PE lesson recipe?
– What was the worst lesson you ever taught and why?
– Which PE misconceptions would you like to banish?
– What is your best success story/most inspiring moment as a teacher?
– How have your views of PE shifted from your early experiences to the present day?
What are you waiting for? Grab your note pad(s) and a fancy pen, then come and join us Under the PE Umbrella.
Twitter – @Jools_CP
Don’t forget to subscribe to The PE Umbrella on Apple Podcasts by following the link above, as well as your other favourite podcast providers. I would love for you to rate and review the show there, giving me insight into what I can do to further improve the quality of the show for you! Until next time though, have a great week motivating, engaging and inspiring the children that you teach, and I’ll see you soon, ‘Under the Umbrella’.